Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in processing fibre into yarn or thread; weaving, knitting or fabricating textile products; bleaching, dyeing and finishing textile products; and inspecting textile products. They are employed by textile companies.
dye room supervisor, finishing supervisor – textiles, foreman/woman – textile processing, spinning supervisor – textiles, supervisor, knitting, tufting supervisor – textiles, weave room supervisor.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of production workers who operate machines to process fibre, yarn, thread and textiles; and bleach, dye, finish or inspect textiles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Wages for Supervisors, Textile Processing in Newfoundland and Labrador
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A||N/A||
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: