Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourers</i> (8612) and <i>Nursery and Greenhouse Workers</i> (8432). They are employed by landscaping companies, cemeteries, lawn care and tree service companies, nurseries and greenhouses, and by landscaping departments of government and private establishments.
cemetery foreman/woman, greenhouse supervisor, groundskeeping supervisor, horticulture workers supervisor, landscaping foreman/woman, nursery foreman/woman, park caretaker, park supervisor, grounds maintenance, supervisor, nursery workers, supervisor, park labourers.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who perform the following duties: maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, interior plantscapes and other landscaped areas; spread topsoil and lay sod; spray, prune, cut and remove trees and shrubs; construct landscape and landscape structures; and plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Wages for Supervisors, Landscape and Horticulture in Newfoundland and Labrador
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||11.50||15.00||23.85||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: