There are 8 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Nursery and greenhouse operators and managers plan, organize, direct and control the activities of nursery and greenhouse staff who grow and market trees, shrubs, flowers and plants.
Christmas tree farm operator, flower grower, greenhouse farmer, greenhouse manager, greenhouse operator, nursery farmer, nursery manager, nursery operator, plant grower – nursery.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the operations of nurseries and greenhouses
- Establish the environmental conditions required to grow trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and design planting and care schedules accordingly
- Determine type and quantity of stock to grow
- Supervise staff in planting, transplanting, feeding and spraying stock
- Identify and control insect, disease and weed problems
- Develop marketing plans
- Provide information to customers on gardening and on the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- Order materials such as fertilizer, garden and lawn care equipment, and other nursery and greenhouse related accessories
- Hire and supervise staff, oversee training and set work schedules
- Maintain records on stock, finances and personnel.
Jobs for Nursery and Greenhouse Operators and Managers in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: