Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in drilling for oil or gas, operating service rigs, or providing oil and gas well services. They are employed by drilling and well service contractors and by petroleum producing companies.
fracturing supervisor, multi-service operator, rig manager, toolpusher, well services crew supervisor.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who drill for oil and gas, operate service rigs or provide oil and gas well services
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||<Not assigned>||2011-12-20|
A Working in Canada Report for this occupation is available separately for each of the regions of Newfoundland and Labrador. Please click the "Back" button and select one of the areas of Newfoundland and Labrador, such as:
- Avalon Peninsula
- South Coast - Burin
- West Coast - Northern Peninsula - Labrador
- Notre Dame - Central - Bonavista Bay
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Husky Energy has reached a landmark of 200M barrels of oil from the White Rose field. Drilling has also started on the first gas injection well at the South White Rose and expects to be in full production by 2014.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board expects the Terra Nova oil field to be operational until 2027, extended from the previous date of 2020, as a result of the extensive upgrades to the life of the project
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- The provincial government and Vale NL Limited announced an amendment to the Voisey's Bay Development Agreement to include an underground mine at Voisey's Bay. Once the mine is sanctioned in 2015, there will be hundreds of construction jobs.
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A two-day workshop was held at the Sheraton Hotel in St. John's to discuss challenges and new opportunities for research and innovation for onshore and offshore safety for workers
- Date Modified: