Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction trades helpers and labourers assist skilled tradespersons and perform labouring activities at construction sites, in quarries and in surface mines. They are employed by construction companies, trade and labour contractors, and surface mine and quarry operators.
asphalt spreader, bricklayer helper, carpenter helper, concrete mixer helper, construction helper, construction labourer, demolition worker, driller helper – surface mining, drywall sander, flagman/woman, glazier helper, labourer, concrete paving, labourer, excavation, pipeline mandrel operator, plumber helper, roofer helper, stabber – pipeline construction.
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt
- Assist tradespersons such as carpenters, bricklayers, cement finishers, roofers and glaziers in construction activities
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities
- Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction
- Assist in drilling and blasting rock at construction sites
- Assist miners in excavating and in setting up and operating various drills and other surface mining machinery
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel
- Assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants, and remove asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Oil and grease hoists and similar equipment
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
Wages for Construction Trades Helpers and Labourers in Newfoundland and Labrador
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||12.00||17.78||26.00|
- Date Modified: