Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Telecommunications installation and repair workers install, test, maintain and repair telephones, telephone switching equipment and telecommunications equipment related to transmission and processing of voice, video signals and other data over a variety of media including fibre optics, microwave, radio and satellite. They are employed by telephone and other telecommunications transmission services establishments.
apprentice communication electrician – switching, cellular telephone technician, central office technician, communication technician, telephone, exchange tester – telecommunications, line and station installer, telephone, mobile radio installer, private branch exchange (PBX) installer, switch network installer and repairer, telecommunications equipment technician, telephone installer.
- Install, arrange, remove and maintain telephone equipment, wiring and associated hardware
- Test installed telephone systems to locate transmission faults
- Repair or replace defective and damaged telephones, wire and associated equipment.
- Install electromechanical, analog and digital trunking systems, circuits and equipment in telecommunications central offices and switching centres
- Inspect and test trunking systems, circuits and equipment
- Analyze test results and adjust, change or repair switching system, network, associated equipment and software.
- Operate computerized testing systems to conduct service tests on customer lines and equipment
- Determine the nature, cause and location of service trouble
- Initiate the dispatch of appropriate repair personnel
- Complete test reports and maintain test and service records
- May assist repair personnel to test lines, circuits and systems, isolate and clear cable faults and verify records.
- Install, remove and maintain various telecommunications equipment and related systems such as telex and facsimile machines, teletypewriters, mobile radios, cellular telephones, pagers and other related telecommunications equipment
- Configure operating systems and install software for access to the Internet
- Inspect and test operation of telecommunications equipment
- Diagnose and locate equipment faults, and adjust, replace or repair telecommunications equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- The provincial government announced an investment of $1.5M for improvements to broadband access and to increase communications capacity to 40 rural communities in the province of NL
- Date Modified: