Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes labourers, not elsewhere classified, who perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities in processing, manufacturing and utilities. They are employed by companies that manufacture products such as clothing, footwear, furniture and electrical and electronic products and by printing and packaging companies.
bindery helper, box packer, carton marker, chair sander, clothing plant labourer, electrical products labourer, film cutter – film processing, furniture packer, garment folder, labourer, shoe manufacturing, lens blocker, packager, machine, seed packager, sorter, recyclable materials, upholsterer helper.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Other Labourers in Processing, Manufacturing and Utilities in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities for the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Aliments Original will cease its operations in Québec and transfer entirely to Ontario. The company had three factories in Québec, two in Québec City and one in Châteauguay. In Québec City, 120 jobs will be lost and a further 30 lost in Châteauguay. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Chocolats Favoris opens its new branch on boulevard de l'Ormière in Québec. The investment totals a few hundred thousand dollars and will contribute to the creation of forty-some jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Fibrotek, located in Clermont (Charlevoix), has invested $3.4M to expand its plant. The company will fill 25 positions and is seeking skilled labour: engineers, mechanical engineers, chemists, etc. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Boiseries Signées is moving its company from Quebec City to Deschambault-Grondines on April 6. Only part of the workers will be transferred and some 20 new employees will be hired. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: