Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities related to food, beverage and tobacco processing. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
bottle washer, brewery labourer, cigarette packer, dairy helper, food processing labourer, meat packager, potato chip sorter, production helper.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Feed and unload tobacco processing machines
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-22|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation. Openings will arise from labour turnover and the replacement needs associated with the ageing workforce. The introduction of more sophisticated equipment and machinery will limit job growth in this group. Employers usually require some high school education combined with experience and provide on-the-job training.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2013
- Optosecurity, a Québec-based company specializing in detecting physical threats, just signed an agreement with British security system manufacturer Smiths Detection. Currently, it has a dozen positions to fill. (available in French only)
- Québec-based ABB partners with BAE Systems and Saab on a competitive bid worth $2 billion for the Department of National Defence. Obtaining this contract would enable 50 jobs to be created for ABB and its subcontractors. (available in French only)
- Québec-based TeraXion just opened its new head office. The company currently employs 160 employees and plans to hire five new workers by the end of the year and approximately twenty more in 2014. (available in French only)
- Pro-Stel has just moved into its new premises located inside the parc industriel de St-Augustin-de-Desmaures. Between 5 and 10 specialized jobs will be created in the next year, adding to the existing 13.
- Date Modified: