Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machining tool operators set up and operate or tend metal-cutting machines designed for repetitive machining work. They are employed by metal products and other manufacturing companies and in machine shops. This unit group also includes workers who etch or chemically mill metal pieces.
CNC machining tool operator, aircraft parts etcher, boring mill operator – metal machining, lathe machining operator, machining tool operator, milling machine set-up operator, production gear cutter, production grinder operator – metal machining, radial drill operator – metal machining.
- Study job orders and interpret blueprints to determine machining operations to be performed
- Set up and operate machine tools to perform repetitive machining operations, such as turning, milling, drilling, boring, planing, honing, broaching, grinding or other machining operations
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, callipers and other precision measuring instruments
- Prepare etching solution and immerse metal parts or workpiece in etching solution to remove unwanted portions
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- May enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine tools.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Machining Tool Operators in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- American Iron and Metal (AIM), a company that specializes in the recovery of construction materials, will invest more than $50M to build a plant in Montreal-Est. This project will lead to the creation of a hundred-some jobs. (available in French only)
- Thirty-some workers will be affected by the temporary shutdown of the aluminum fluoride plant in July, located in Jonquière. Furthermore, nearly a dozen sub-contracting employees will be laid off during this period. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Manoir St-Castin, located in Lac-Beauport close to Québec, will shut down for an indeterminate period starting October 14. Thirty-some people are current employees. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A new hospital will be built in Baie-Saint-Paul at a cost of $376M. Construction will begin in 2015. The new establishment should be in business at the end of 2018. (available in French only)
- Chocolats Favoris opens its new branch on boulevard de l'Ormière in Québec. The investment totals a few hundred thousand dollars and will contribute to the creation of forty-some jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Fibrotek, located in Clermont (Charlevoix), has invested $3.4M to expand its plant. The company will fill 25 positions and is seeking skilled labour: engineers, mechanical engineers, chemists, etc. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: