Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Painters and coaters in this unit group tend and operate machines or use brushes and spray equipment to apply paint, enamel, lacquer or other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various products. They are employed by manufacturing companies, specialized coating shops and refinishing establishments.
assembly painter, automobile painter – motor vehicle manufacturing, aviation painter, bathtub refinisher, coating machine operator – industrial painting and coating, dip tank attendant, enameller, industrial products painter, manufacturing painter, paint machine operator, paint systems operator, production painter, robotic spray paint attendant, rustproofer, motor vehicle, spray paint operator, spray painter.
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints using automated paint mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula
- Tend or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective or decorative coatings
- Tend or operate automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items or items on moving conveyor system with protective or decorative coatings
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
- May prepare and apply stencils, computer-generated decals or other decorative items on finished products.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Painters and Coaters – Industrial in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- American Iron and Metal (AIM), a company that specializes in the recovery of construction materials, will invest more than $50M to build a plant in Montreal-Est. This project will lead to the creation of a hundred-some jobs. (available in French only)
- Thirty-some workers will be affected by the temporary shutdown of the aluminum fluoride plant in July, located in Jonquière. Furthermore, nearly a dozen sub-contracting employees will be laid off during this period. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Manoir St-Castin, located in Lac-Beauport close to Québec, will shut down for an indeterminate period starting October 14. Thirty-some people are current employees. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A new hospital will be built in Baie-Saint-Paul at a cost of $376M. Construction will begin in 2015. The new establishment should be in business at the end of 2018. (available in French only)
- Chocolats Favoris opens its new branch on boulevard de l'Ormière in Québec. The investment totals a few hundred thousand dollars and will contribute to the creation of forty-some jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Fibrotek, located in Clermont (Charlevoix), has invested $3.4M to expand its plant. The company will fill 25 positions and is seeking skilled labour: engineers, mechanical engineers, chemists, etc. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: