Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Assemblers in this unit group assemble a wide variety of mechanical products such as trucks, buses, snowmobiles, garden tractors, automotive engines, transmissions, outboard motors, gearboxes, hydraulic pumps and sewing machines. Inspectors in this unit group check and inspect subassemblies and finished products to ensure proper quality and product specifications. They are employed by machinery and transportation equipment manufacturers and by other manufacturing companies.
automotive engine assembler, garden machinery assembler, gearbox assembler, gearcase assembler, hydraulic hoist assembler, mechanical assembler, sewing machine assembler, snowmobile assembler, tractor assembler, transmission assembler, truck assembler, truck assembly inspector, truck trailer assembler, vending machine assembler.
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finish products using hand and power tools
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly and connect cables, tubes and wires
- Fasten parts together using bolting and riveting equipment or other fastening and joining techniques
- Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, such as robotics and fixed automation equipment
- Operate small cranes to transport or position larger parts as required.
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products for proper quality
- Check mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for alignment and proper functioning
- Test and check electrical assemblies and wiring for proper connections
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Mechanical Assemblers and Inspectors in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities for the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Manoir St-Castin, located in Lac-Beauport close to Québec, will shut down for an indeterminate period starting October 14. Thirty-some people are current employees. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A new hospital will be built in Baie-Saint-Paul at a cost of $376M. Construction will begin in 2015. The new establishment should be in business at the end of 2018. (available in French only)
- Chocolats Favoris opens its new branch on boulevard de l'Ormière in Québec. The investment totals a few hundred thousand dollars and will contribute to the creation of forty-some jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Fibrotek, located in Clermont (Charlevoix), has invested $3.4M to expand its plant. The company will fill 25 positions and is seeking skilled labour: engineers, mechanical engineers, chemists, etc. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Boiseries Signées is moving its company from Quebec City to Deschambault-Grondines on April 6. Only part of the workers will be transferred and some 20 new employees will be hired. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: