Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
blast furnace operator, central control caster, central control room operator, chief flotation operator, console operator – cement manufacturing, pelletizing control operator, roaster operator, rolling mill control operator.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-18|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Thales (Qu¿bec City) has been awarded a $20M contract by the Department of National Defence. Approximately 50 highly specialized jobs (including programmers and engineers) will be created during the contract term. (available in French only)
- The Loews Le Concorde hotel, in Qu¿bec City, may be closing its doors on February 11, 2014. The 250-some hotel and restaurant employees received a mass layoff notice. About a hundred employees were also laid off this past October. (available in French only)
- The Federal Review Panel has concluded the proposed New Prosperity copper-gold mine would have significant adverse environmental effects. Approval or rejection of the mine will be decided by the federal Ministry of Environment.
- A new dealership Jaguar Land Rover has just opened its doors on rue ¿tienne-Dubreuil in Qu¿bec. Construction of the new building required a $5M investment and twenty-some workers are currently working. (available in French only)
- Optosecurity, a Québec-based company specializing in detecting physical threats, just signed an agreement with British security system manufacturer Smiths Detection. Currently, it has a dozen positions to fill. (available in French only)
- Arrimage Québec is investing $20M to build a new wood pellet terminal. 260 jobs will be created during construction and approximately 100 direct and indirect jobs thereafter. Works have already started. (available in French only)
- In spring 2014, a The Keg restaurant will be opening in Québec. It will be located on Laurier boulevard on the first floor of Hôtel Quartier. Approximately 100 jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Groupe coopératif Dynaco is investing $10 million in Augustin-de-Desmaures to open a Kioti machining centre and a BMR renovation centre. Both are slated to open in May 2014. Close to 75 jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Turcotte (1989), a company located in the industrial park north of Beauport, is investing $4 million to modernize its facilities. The new building should be ready in May. 5 to 10 new jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: