Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Underground production and development miners drill, blast, operate mining machinery, and perform related duties to extract coal and ore in underground mines and to construct tunnels, passageways and shafts to facilitate mining operations. They are employed by coal, metal and non-metallic mineral underground mines and by specialized contractors in mine construction, shaft sinking and tunnelling.
blaster – underground mining, chute blaster, diamond driller – underground mining, drift miner, driller – underground mining, faceman/woman – coal mine, hoist operator – underground mining, jumbo drill operator, miner, mining machine operator, mucking machine operator, raise miner, roadheader operator, scooptram operator, shaft inspector, shot firer.
- Set up and operate drills and drilling machines to produce a designated pattern of blasting holes
- Operate diamond drills or other specialized drills such as raise boring machinery to test geological formations or to produce underground passageways
- Set up and operate mining machinery to shear coal, rock or ore from the working face
- Load explosives, set fuses, and detonate explosives to produce desired blasting patterns and rock fragmentation in underground mines
- Operate scooptram, load-haul-dump (LHD) machine or mucking machine to load and haul ore from stopes, drifts and drawpoints to ore passes
- Perform duties required to ensure safety and to support the mining advance, such as scaling loose rock from walls and roof, drilling and installing rock bolts, extending and installing air and water pipes, operating ore loading machinery, inspecting mine shafts, operating hoists that transport people, equipment and materials through mine shafts, and constructing timber supports and cribbing if required
- Perform routine maintenance of mining machinery.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Jobs for Underground Production and Development Miners in Capitale-Nationale Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Capitale-Nationale Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: