Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Outdoor sport and recreational guides organize and conduct trips or expeditions for sports enthusiasts, adventurers, tourists and resort guests. They are employed by private companies and resorts or may be self-employed.
canoeing guide, dude wrangler, fishing guide, hot air balloonist, hunting guide, mountain climbing guide, outfitter, rafting guide.
- Plan itinerary for trip or expedition and arrange transportation or transport individuals or group to site
- Assemble necessary equipment and supplies, such as camping gear, rafts, life jackets, fishing tackle and food
- Lead or escort individuals or groups and advise on safety and emergency measures, techniques and the use of equipment
- Provide instruction for activities such as canoeing, rafting and mountain climbing
- Advise on specific regulations such as hunting and fishing laws and boating regulations, follow environmental guidelines and prevent violations
- Provide first aid in emergency situations
- May prepare meals for group and set up camp.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Outdoor Sport and Recreational Guides in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-16|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- American Iron and Metal (AIM), a company that specializes in the recovery of construction materials, will invest more than $50M to build a plant in Montreal-Est. This project will lead to the creation of a hundred-some jobs. (available in French only)
- Thirty-some workers will be affected by the temporary shutdown of the aluminum fluoride plant in July, located in Jonquière. Furthermore, nearly a dozen sub-contracting employees will be laid off during this period. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Manoir St-Castin, located in Lac-Beauport close to Québec, will shut down for an indeterminate period starting October 14. Thirty-some people are current employees. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A new hospital will be built in Baie-Saint-Paul at a cost of $376M. Construction will begin in 2015. The new establishment should be in business at the end of 2018. (available in French only)
- Chocolats Favoris opens its new branch on boulevard de l'Ormière in Québec. The investment totals a few hundred thousand dollars and will contribute to the creation of forty-some jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Fibrotek, located in Clermont (Charlevoix), has invested $3.4M to expand its plant. The company will fill 25 positions and is seeking skilled labour: engineers, mechanical engineers, chemists, etc. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: