Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Collectors collect payments on overdue accounts and bad cheques and locate debtors to make collection arrangements. They are employed by collection agencies, utility companies, department stores, loan companies, banks and credit unions, and by financial and licensing departments within governments.
bill collector, collection clerk, collection officer (except taxation), collections investigation officer, collector, credit and collection clerk, locator – collection, skip tracer – collection.
- Notify debtors of overdue payments and accounts by telephone, mail, and registered mail, and continue the notification process if reply is not received
- Resolve collection issues by making payment arrangements by telephone or visit to debtor
- Recommend legal action or discontinuation of service in cases where payment is not forthcoming
- Trace and locate debtors, and may contact debtors' friends, neighbours, relatives and employers to obtain information
- Answer correspondence, prepare reports and maintain records and files related to collection work
- May work with on-line accounts and systems.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Collectors in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities for the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation. While most jobs are in the public sector, openings will arise chiefly in private companies.
A post-secondary diploma or degree in administration may be required. The company usually provides on-the-job training. In collection agencies, officers must have a collection officer's licence from the Consumer Protection Bureau. Knowledge of civil law and relevant experience are required. Bilingualism is an asset.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 18 – Jun 22, 2012
- Québec - Groupe Qualinet invests $5M to create its new Qualinet Environnement division (available in French only)
- Date Modified: