Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Shippers and Receivers</i> (1471), <i>Storekeepers and Parts Clerks</i> (1472), <i>Production Clerks</i> (1473), <i>Purchasing and Inventory Clerks</i> (1474), <i>Dispatchers and Radio Operators</i> (1475) and <i>Transportation Route and Crew Schedulers</i> (1476). They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
dispatch logistician, flight crew scheduling supervisor, freight forwarding logistician, head dispatcher, head shipper, inventory control supervisor, logistics supervisor – transportation, parts service supervisor, production clerks supervisor, ramp services supervisor – airport, stock control supervisor, supervisor, receiving, supply control co-ordinator.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-02|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities for the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Metro is closing its distribution centre in St-Augustin-de-Desmaures, close to Québec City. A total of 114 employees will lose their jobs. The closure is scheduled for March 9, 2014. (available in French only)
- Arrimage Québec is investing $20M to build a new wood pellet terminal. 260 jobs will be created during construction and approximately 100 direct and indirect jobs thereafter. Works have already started. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: