Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-09-27|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Employers require a high level of qualifications: a university degree (preferably a post-graduate degree) in business administration or in a field related to the sector (health, public administration, social science, etc.) combined with work experience in social policy or health care program management is usually required. A good knowledge of departmental policies and government programs may be required.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 09 - Dec 13, 2013
- A new Ford dealer will open up in L¿Ange-Gardien in La Côte-de-Beaupré RCM. The nearly $9M investment will lead to the creation of about 30 jobs. By the end of 2014, some 30 other jobs will be added. (available in French only)
- Solugaz de Clermont in Charlevoix has just been granted a loan of close to $1.2M from Investissement Québec. The loan to Solugaz will allow for the creation of some 15 new jobs to complement the 70 existing ones. (available in French only)
- A new Cosmos restaurant will open at 5700 Des Galeries Boulevard in Québec City. The $3.8M investment will lead to the creation of 140 new jobs. (available in French only)
- Convivio will build a new supermarket in Loretteville in Québec City. The $10M investment will result in the creation of 50 jobs. Construction is expected to start in spring 2014 and the store will open in the fall of that year. (available in French only)
- A Houston Steakhouse has just opened its doors on boulevard Lebourgneuf in Québec City. The $2M investment will create 90 jobs.
- The Flash Café restaurant in Place de la Cité (Ste-Foy), in Québec City, will re-open in 2014. The new owners are looking for managers, cooks, servers, etc. About 30 jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Metro is closing its distribution centre in St-Augustin-de-Desmaures, close to Québec City. A total of 114 employees will lose their jobs. The closure is scheduled for March 9, 2014. (available in French only)
- Thales (Qu¿bec City) has been awarded a $20M contract by the Department of National Defence. Approximately 50 highly specialized jobs (including programmers and engineers) will be created during the contract term. (available in French only)
- The Loews Le Concorde hotel, in Qu¿bec City, may be closing its doors on February 11, 2014. The 250-some hotel and restaurant employees received a mass layoff notice. About a hundred employees were also laid off this past October. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: