Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chairperson, arts and culture association, chairperson, scientific association, chief financial officer (CFO), educational institution, corporate controller, social services institution, executive director, health services institution, executive director, professional association, executive director, voluntary organization, general manager, membership organization, president, business association, president, labour organization, president, music guild.
- Establish objectives for the organization or institution and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization or institution or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing, human resources or in a particular service area.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Health, Education, Social and Community Services and Membership Organizations in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities for the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation. Many positions will be filled internally from the pool of middle managers. A very high level of qualifications is required: several years' experience at increasing levels of responsibility and a post-graduate degree in a related field combined with a good knowledge of departmental policies and government programs. For social service non-profit organizations, a good knowledge of the field and fundraising experience are usually required.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Manoir St-Castin, located in Lac-Beauport close to Québec, will shut down for an indeterminate period starting October 14. Thirty-some people are current employees. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A new hospital will be built in Baie-Saint-Paul at a cost of $376M. Construction will begin in 2015. The new establishment should be in business at the end of 2018. (available in French only)
- Chocolats Favoris opens its new branch on boulevard de l'Ormière in Québec. The investment totals a few hundred thousand dollars and will contribute to the creation of forty-some jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Fibrotek, located in Clermont (Charlevoix), has invested $3.4M to expand its plant. The company will fill 25 positions and is seeking skilled labour: engineers, mechanical engineers, chemists, etc. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Boiseries Signées is moving its company from Quebec City to Deschambault-Grondines on April 6. Only part of the workers will be transferred and some 20 new employees will be hired. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: