Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who assemble parts to form subassemblies or complete articles of furniture and fixtures. Inspectors in this unit group inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products to ensure product quality. They are employed by furniture manufacturing companies.
assembly inspector – furniture manufacturing, chair assembler, desk assembler, fixture assembler, furniture assembler, furniture inspector, metal furniture assembler, table assembler, wood furniture assembler.
- Prepare, sand and trim wooden furniture and fixture parts using hand and power tools
- Assemble wooden or metal furniture and fixture parts to form subassemblies and complete articles using hand and power tools
- Assemble a combination of parts made of wood, metal, plastic, cane or other materials to form subassemblies or complete furniture articles
- Reinforce assembled furniture and fixtures with dowels or other supports
- Install hardware such as hinges or clasps on furniture and fixtures.
- Inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance to quality standards
- Mark defective parts or products for repair
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Record information on products inspected.
Outlook & Prospects for Furniture and Fixture Assemblers and Inspectors in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-13|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- More than $45M will be invested to set up a new aluminum alloy rod manufacturing plant in Victoriaville. Approximately fifty workers will be hired for its scheduled 2015 opening. (available in French only)
- Manufacturer Matelas Ren¿ in Nicolet has invested more than $900,000 into a project that targets mattress springs (available in French only)
- Milkomax, solutions laiti¿res in Sainte-Monique has invested a little more than $1M to acquire a new mobile robot for cow milking (available in French only)
- Rovibec Agrisolutions in Sainte-Monique, an equipment manufacturer intended for the feeding of cow herds, has invested $1.3M into the development of a greater prototype, an advanced technology worldwide (available in French only)
- Sawmill Amex Bois Franc of Plessisville invests nearly $2.8M to acquire new equipment and kilns, in addition to building two new warehouses (available in French only)
- BMG Environnement in Plessisville, a manufacturer of recyclable materials processing equipment, invests $900,000 to implement a new concept separator in many sorting centres in Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil (available in French only)
- Following a $4-million investment, the Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers inaugurated its new factory warehouse of the world maple syrup reserve in Laurierville. Approximately 20 jobs were created. (available in French only)
- CVTech Group and its subsidiaries obtained contracts worth $45.8 million. They specialize in, among others, the construction and maintenance of electrical distribution and transmission lines. (available in French only)
- The Bécancour-based La Fromagerie L'Ancêtre is investing $2.6M to expand its factory and purchase equipment. Five new jobs will be added to the existing 48. (available in French only)
- The company Oriens Technologies, a plant that processes industrial waste from concrete structures and masonry products, is investing $6M in Bécancour. 35 jobs will be created (available in French only)
- Thermoform d¿Amérique is investing close to $5.6M to expand its rolling mill in Nicolet. Twenty-one new jobs will be added to the existing 89. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: