Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who assemble parts to form subassemblies or complete articles of furniture and fixtures. Inspectors in this unit group inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products to ensure product quality. They are employed by furniture manufacturing companies.
assembly inspector – furniture manufacturing, chair assembler, desk assembler, fixture assembler, furniture assembler, furniture inspector, metal furniture assembler, table assembler, wood furniture assembler.
- Prepare, sand and trim wooden furniture and fixture parts using hand and power tools
- Assemble wooden or metal furniture and fixture parts to form subassemblies and complete articles using hand and power tools
- Assemble a combination of parts made of wood, metal, plastic, cane or other materials to form subassemblies or complete furniture articles
- Reinforce assembled furniture and fixtures with dowels or other supports
- Install hardware such as hinges or clasps on furniture and fixtures.
- Inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance to quality standards
- Mark defective parts or products for repair
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Record information on products inspected.
Outlook & Prospects for Furniture and Fixture Assemblers and Inspectors in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les Planchers bois franc Wickman is investing $5.5M to ensure its competitiveness in a very competitive market while securing 120 jobs. Four new positions will be created. (available in French only)
- Nova Bus of Saint-François-du-Lac signs a $148M contract with Chicago's city transit company for the delivery of 300 buses at the beginning of 2014 (available in French only)
- Vaillancourt Portes & Fenêtres of Saint-Germain-de-Grantham has invested $1.5M to expand, which will lead to the hiring of new employees (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- More than fifty-some positions need to be filled within Cascades' plants, a manufacturer of packaging products and papers mainly made up of recycled fibers (available in French only)
- Fifteen-some positions of various nature need to be filled at Machinage Piché in Daveluyville, a manufacturer of wood handling equipment (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Rotec International of Baie-du-Febvre, which specializes in the production of adjustable electric beds, is investing $639,000 to optimize its production processes. Some 70 jobs will be consolidated as a result. (available in French only)
- Claude Joyal, a company that sells and repairs farm equipment, has purchased the Elphège Boissonneault garage in Lyster. More than $800,000 has been invested there to set up a showroom and to store parts. (available in French only)
- Sixpro in Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil, the largest paint coating subcontractor in Quebec, is investing $2M to purchase state-of-the art equipment. Roughly a dozen new jobs should be created. (available in French only)
- Soucy Plastiques in Drummondville, a subcontractor supplying contractors in the recreational, military, agricultural and transport sectors, is investing $600,000 in state-of-the art equipment (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Structure d'Acier BRL 2000 in Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, a manufacturer and installer of steel frames, is investing $5M in the construction of a new plant in Drummondville. Some 15 new jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Maxi-Roule of Drummondville, a manufacturer of trailers for recreational vehicles, is investing $2.1M in the construction of an industrial building with office space, and in the acquisition of new production equipment (available in French only)
- Date Modified: