Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Nursery and greenhouse workers plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and serve nursery and greenhouse customers. They are employed in indoor and outdoor nurseries and greenhouses.
forest nursery worker, greenhouse worker, horticulture worker, hothouse worker, hydroponics worker, nursery worker.
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seeds and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Spray trees, shrubs, flowers and plants to prevent disease and pests
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields
- Dig, cut and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers and plants and prepare them for sale
- Provide information to customers on gardening and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray fields and plants
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working area.
Outlook & Prospects for Nursery and Greenhouse Workers in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Canneberges Bieler in Saint-Louis-de-Blandford invests more than $5.1M to obtain a freezer that will be linked to the cranberry receiving plant (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The sum of $8M is being invested into Lyster's Ferme Nandcel to acquire the latest technologies in swine nursery (available in French only)
- Date Modified: