Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
car checker, railway, delivery truck helper, furniture mover helper, mover helper, railway labourer, signal gang helper, swamper – truck transport, truck driver helper.
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
Outlook & Prospects for Railway and Motor Transport Labourers in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-08|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Centre-du-Québec region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Énergie Cardio relocates in Drummondville by investing $500,000 and creates 4 new jobs (available in French only)
- Tourtist attraction Le Jardin des Glaciers of Baie-Comeau will shut down. Four permanent positions will be lost and forty-some seasonal workers will not be called back this summer. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les Planchers bois franc Wickman is investing $5.5M to ensure its competitiveness in a very competitive market while securing 120 jobs. Four new positions will be created. (available in French only)
- Nova Bus of Saint-François-du-Lac signs a $148M contract with Chicago's city transit company for the delivery of 300 buses at the beginning of 2014 (available in French only)
- Vaillancourt Portes & Fenêtres of Saint-Germain-de-Grantham has invested $1.5M to expand, which will lead to the hiring of new employees (available in French only)
- Rotisserie restaurant St-Hubert in Victoriaville has invested $2.3M to expand and could thus create nearly a dozen jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- More than fifty-some positions need to be filled within Cascades' plants, a manufacturer of packaging products and papers mainly made up of recycled fibers (available in French only)
- Fifteen-some positions of various nature need to be filled at Machinage Piché in Daveluyville, a manufacturer of wood handling equipment (available in French only)
- Creative recreation goods retailer DeSerres invests $1.5M in its Drummondville store, which will open this fall (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Rotec International of Baie-du-Febvre, which specializes in the production of adjustable electric beds, is investing $639,000 to optimize its production processes. Some 70 jobs will be consolidated as a result. (available in French only)
- Claude Joyal, a company that sells and repairs farm equipment, has purchased the Elphège Boissonneault garage in Lyster. More than $800,000 has been invested there to set up a showroom and to store parts. (available in French only)
- Sixpro in Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil, the largest paint coating subcontractor in Quebec, is investing $2M to purchase state-of-the art equipment. Roughly a dozen new jobs should be created. (available in French only)
- Following a $950,000 investment, J.N. Donais, the largest funeral cooperative in the Centre-du-Québec region, has just opened its fully-renovated complex on Lindsay Street in Drummondville (available in French only)
- Soucy Plastiques in Drummondville, a subcontractor supplying contractors in the recreational, military, agricultural and transport sectors, is investing $600,000 in state-of-the art equipment (available in French only)
- Date Modified: