Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes excavating, grading, paving, drilling and blasting contractors who own and operate their own business. This unit group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Crane Operators</i> (7371), <i>Drillers and Blasters – Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction</i> (7372), <i>Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane)</i> (7421), <i>Longshore Workers</i> (7451), <i>Material Handlers</i> (7452), <i>Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators</i> (7422), <i>Railway Track Maintenance Workers</i> (7432) and <i>Water Well Drillers</i> (7373). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
excavating contractor, foreman/woman, demolition, foreman/woman, drilling and blasting – construction, foreman/woman, logging road construction, foreman/woman, railway gang, foreman/woman, railway track maintenance, paving contractor, pipeline construction supervisor, road maintenance foreman/woman, section foreman/woman, railway, supervisor, heavy equipment operators, supervisor, oil field construction, supervisor, water well drilling, track foreman/woman – railway.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate cranes and construction, paving, drilling, railway maintenance and other similar heavy equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Construction Equipment Crews in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- A new housing project of 45 sites is on the way in Saint-Célestin with a $1.3M investment (available in French only)
- More than $3M will be invested this fall in the construction of two condominium complexes in the heart of Victoriaville (available in French only)
Week of Jul 09 – Jul 13, 2012
- Thirau, a subsidiary of CVTech Group, was awarded two new contracts by Hydro-Quebec for a total of $14.1M (available in French only)
Week of Jun 18 – Jun 22, 2012
- The Commission scolaire des Bois-Francs invests $700,000 in La Myriade JPH Massicotte secondary school in Victoriaville (available in French only)
- Club Piscine of Drummondville will build a new larger building and create approximately ten jobs (available in French only)
- Drummondville's IGA extra invests $10M to expand and create 30 jobs (available in French only)
Week of Jun 11 – Jun 15, 2012
- The Marie Pagé end-of-life care centre will open its doors in Victoriaville in spring 2013, creating jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: