Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bakers prepare bread, rolls, muffins, pies, pastries, cakes and cookies in retail and wholesale bakeries and dining establishments. They are employed in bakeries, supermarkets, catering companies, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and other institutions, or they may be self-employed. Bakers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Prepare dough for pies, bread and rolls and sweet goods, and prepare batters for muffins, cookies, cakes, icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Operate machinery
- Bake mixed doughs and batters
- Frost and decorate cakes or other baked goods
- Ensure quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce
- Purchase baking supplies
- May oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Rotisserie restaurant St-Hubert in Victoriaville has invested $2.3M to expand and could thus create nearly a dozen jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Creative recreation goods retailer DeSerres invests $1.5M in its Drummondville store, which will open this fall (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The most important retailer of creative leisure goods in North America, Michaels, has set up shop in Drummondville, created 35 jobs and will add 15 more during the busy holiday season (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Winners is opening a store in Drummondville, creating 50 jobs (available in French only)
- With an investment of $12M, the Groupe Laquerre of Victoriaville has launched Laquerre Chrysler, Laquerre Occasion, a tire warehouse and, in the near future, Laquerre Ford. About 15 new employees have been added to the existing 100. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: