Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bakers prepare bread, rolls, muffins, pies, pastries, cakes and cookies in retail and wholesale bakeries and dining establishments. They are employed in bakeries, supermarkets, catering companies, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and other institutions, or they may be self-employed. Bakers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Prepare dough for pies, bread and rolls and sweet goods, and prepare batters for muffins, cookies, cakes, icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Operate machinery
- Bake mixed doughs and batters
- Frost and decorate cakes or other baked goods
- Ensure quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce
- Purchase baking supplies
- May oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-06|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Without specifying the amount, the new Nicolet Chrysler Fiat automobile dealership invested several thousands of dollars to expand (available in French only)
- Following a $2.2 million investment, the Familiprix pharmacy at Place Godefroy in Bécancour is now open. 25 new jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- The Raymond Martin IGA supermarket is investing $13 million to relocate to Aqueduc Street in Victoriaville. Sixty new jobs will be added to the existing 80. (available in French only)
- Victoriaville-based PixM photo vidéo will be opening a branch store in the Grande place des Bois-Francs at the end of October. Three new jobs will be added to the existing six. (available in French only)
- DeSerres, a retailer of arts and crafts supplies, has just opened a store in Drummondville following a $1.5M investment. Approximately 20 jobs were created. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: