Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Coaches prepare and train individual athletes or teams for competitive events. They are employed by national and provincial sports organizations, professional and amateur sports teams, sports clubs and universities or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes sports scouts who identify and recruit athletes for professional sports teams. They are employed by professional sports organizations.
coach, figure skating coach, football scout, gymnastics coach, head coach, hockey coach, hockey scout, national team coach, soccer coach, sports scout, swimming coach, volleyball coach.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes or teams
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Nurture and develop athletes' potential skills and abilities
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games
- Formulate competitive strategy, develop game plans and direct athletes and players during games or athletic events
- Analyse and evaluate athletes' or teams' performances and modify training programs.
- Identify and recruit developing athletes for professional sports teams
- Observe and evaluate prospective athletes' skills and performance, and review their past record
- File reports on scouting assessments and recommendations with professional team employers.
Outlook & Prospects for Coaches in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Nearly $1M will be invested in building a minigolf and dairy bar on the grounds of the Marché public des Bois-Francs in Victoriaville. A dozen jobs will be created in time for the opening in April 2014. (available in French only)
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Énergie Cardio relocates in Drummondville by investing $500,000 and creates 4 new jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Théâtre Parminou of Victoriaville invests more than $2M to renovate its facilities and modernize its equipment (available in French only)
Week of Oct 08 – Oct 12, 2012
- The Association des bingos de Victoriaville will be creating a dozen jobs as it moves to a larger location on December 1st (available in French only)
- Date Modified: