There are 54 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who classify and catalogue museum and gallery artifacts, construct and install exhibits and displays, restore, maintain and store museum and gallery collections, frame artwork, and perform other functions in support of curatorial and conservation activities. They are employed in museums and galleries. Picture framers and taxidermists may also be employed in retail settings or may be self-employed. This unit group also includes museum and other interpreters who conduct guided tours. They are employed at art galleries, museums, parks, aquariums, zoos, interpretive centres, botanical gardens, cultural centres, nature sanctuaries, historic and heritage sites and other locations.
conservation technician – museums and art galleries, curatorial assistant, heritage interpreter, museology technician, museum extension officer, museum interpreter, museum objects cataloguer, museum registrar, museum technician, picture framer – museum and art gallery, preparator, restoration technician, taxidermist.
- Conservation and restoration technicians assist in the restoration and conservation of artifacts under the direction of a conservator.
- Curatorial assistants assist in the research, handling and storage of artifacts.
- Museum interpreters conduct tours of museums, gallery exhibitions and historical, heritage and other sites, answer inquiries and provide information concerning exhibits or sites.
- Museum extension officers assist with the planning and development of travelling exhibitions and special events.
- Museology technicians protect and care for cultural artifacts and collections during exhibitions, while in transit and in storage.
- Museum registrars and cataloguers classify and assign registration numbers to artifacts and supervise inventory control.
- Preparators construct displays and dioramas, build models, install artifacts in displays and prepare artifacts for storage and shipping.
- Picture framers fabricate custom frames, measure and cut mats, mat enhancements and glass, and mount paintings, photographs and other art work.
- Taxidermists prepare and mount skins of birds or animals for preservation, scientific or display purposes.
Technical museum and gallery workers may specialize in a specific type of collection.
Jobs for Technical Occupations Related to Museums and Art Galleries in Centre-du-Québec Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: