Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Painters, sculptors and other visual artists create original paintings, drawings, sculptures, engravings and other artistic works. They are usually self-employed. This group also includes art instructors and teachers, who are usually employed by art schools.
art teacher (except primary, secondary and post-secondary education), artist, artistic painter, portrait painter, sculptor, silkscreen artist, watercolourist.
- Painters create drawings, paintings and other artwork using oils, pastels, watercolours, charcoal, ink and other media.
- Sculptors create sculptures, statues and other three-dimensional artwork by shaping, carving and working with materials such as clay, ice, paper, stone, wood or metal.
- Art instructors and teachers teach students the techniques and methods of drawing, painting, sculpting and other forms of artistic expression.
Outlook & Prospects for Painters, Sculptors and Other Visual Artists in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-06|
Pour la période 2012-2014, les perspectives d'emploi seront acceptables dans la région du Centre-du-Québec pour cette profession.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 23 - Sep 27, 2013
- The Parminou theatre in Victoriaville will be renovated and expanded at a cost of $3.5M (available in French only)
- Énergie cardio launches its new facility in Drummondville (available in French only)
- A karting site will be built in Saint-Célestin for $1.2M (available in French only)
- Nearly $1M will be invested in building a minigolf and dairy bar on the grounds of the Marché public des Bois-Francs in Victoriaville. A dozen jobs will be created in time for the opening in April 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: