Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Archivists manage, process, store and disseminate information contained in an organization's archives. They acquire, store and research textual material, pictures, maps, architectural documents, electronic materials, films and videos, sound recordings and multimedia materials. Archivists are employed in archives, in the public and para-public sectors and in private sector organizations.
- Develop policies and procedures for managing current and semicurrent archives, in particular corporate cataloguing systems, records scheduling and disposal, and finding aids
- Design programs for managing, disseminating and storing archives of all types (documents, photographs, maps, audio-visual materials, manuscripts, etc.)
- Plan the computerized management of archives and the management of electronic archives
- Appraise and acquire archival materials to build and develop an archival collection for research purposes
- Authenticate documents and records and research the origins and significance of archival materials
- Organize noncurrent archives and develop cataloguing and retrieval systems to allow access to archival materials
- Assist people with their searches.
Outlook & Prospects for Archivists in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-06|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Centre-du-Québec region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- The City of Bécancour is investing more than $1.5M to replace the ozonization system in its drinking water treatment plant (available in French only)
- The Grégoire and Desjardins funeral home recently opened its new $1.5M crematorium (available in French only)
- BMR Dionne & Fils renovation centre is investing in a $7M expansion in Drummondville. About 10 new jobs will be added to the 45 existing positions. (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Atocas de l'Érable in Plessisville has built a $3M refrigeration warehouse for cranberries (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- After an investment of $400,000, Dessercom, a company specializing in ambulance transportation, opened its station in Lyster (available in French only)
- EQMBO-Entreprises, the collegial centre of technology transfer of Cégep de Victoriaville, which specializes in wood processing of finished products, has invested $1M in an industrial finishing research laboratory (available in French only)
- Collège Ellis will invest $1.1M in the construction of a student residence in Drummondville (available in French only)
- Ressource Intermédiaire de l'Amitié in Plessisville has invested $1.5M in the expansion of its residence dedicated to people faced with a loss of independence. Nearly a dozen new jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Elementary school École C will be built at a cost of $7.2M in Drummondville's Saint-Charles-de-Drummond sector (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- After an investment of $850,000, a Sonic service station with a convenience store opened in Bécancour and resulted in the creation of four jobs (available in French only)
- Nearly $150M will be invested over the next two years in the development and maintenance of the road network in Centre-du-Québec (available in French only)
- A new place of worship will be built in Bécancour at a cost of $1.5M (available in French only)
- Date Modified: