Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Lawyers and Quebec notaries advise clients on legal matters, represent clients before administration boards and draw up legal documents such as contracts and wills. Lawyers also plead cases, represent clients before tribunals and conduct prosecutions in courts of law. Lawyers are employed in law firms and prosecutor's offices. Quebec notaries are employed in notary offices. Both lawyers and Quebec notaries are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments and various business establishments or they may be self-employed. Articling students are included in this group.
Crown attorney, Crown prosecutor, attorney, barrister, corporate counsel, general counsel, law partner, lawyer, legal advisor, notary (Quebec), solicitor.
- Advise clients of their legal rights and all matters related to law
- Research legal precedents and gather evidence
- Plead clients' cases before courts of law, tribunals and boards (lawyers only)
- Draw up legal documents such as real estate transactions, wills, divorces and contracts, and prepare statements of legal opinions
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes (lawyers only)
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law
- May act as mediator, conciliator or arbitrator
- May act as executor, trustee or guardian in estate and family law matters.
Lawyers and Quebec notaries may specialize in specific areas of the law such as criminal law (lawyers only), corporate law, contract law, taxation law, administrative law, international law, commercial law, real estate law, family and estate law, intellectual property law and labour law.
Outlook & Prospects for Lawyers and Quebec Notaries in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- EQMBO-Entreprises, the collegial centre of technology transfer of Cégep de Victoriaville, which specializes in wood processing of finished products, has invested $1M in an industrial finishing research laboratory (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Groupe Infoplus of Drummonville, which specializes in computing solutions, has invested $1.2M to relocate and expand (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- The Municipalité de Saint-Germain-de-Grantham has invested $10.9M into its drinking water supply project (available in French only)
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- The new fire station in Bécancour will require the training of 28 new firefighters (available in French only)
- Date Modified: