Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Lawyers and Quebec notaries advise clients on legal matters, represent clients before administration boards and draw up legal documents such as contracts and wills. Lawyers also plead cases, represent clients before tribunals and conduct prosecutions in courts of law. Lawyers are employed in law firms and prosecutor's offices. Quebec notaries are employed in notary offices. Both lawyers and Quebec notaries are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments and various business establishments or they may be self-employed. Articling students are included in this group.
Crown attorney, Crown prosecutor, attorney, barrister, corporate counsel, general counsel, law partner, lawyer, legal advisor, notary (Quebec), solicitor.
- Advise clients of their legal rights and all matters related to law
- Research legal precedents and gather evidence
- Plead clients' cases before courts of law, tribunals and boards (lawyers only)
- Draw up legal documents such as real estate transactions, wills, divorces and contracts, and prepare statements of legal opinions
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes (lawyers only)
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law
- May act as mediator, conciliator or arbitrator
- May act as executor, trustee or guardian in estate and family law matters.
Lawyers and Quebec notaries may specialize in specific areas of the law such as criminal law (lawyers only), corporate law, contract law, taxation law, administrative law, international law, commercial law, real estate law, family and estate law, intellectual property law and labour law.
Outlook & Prospects for Lawyers and Quebec Notaries in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-22|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Thanks to a $3.4M investment, a new fire station will see the light of day in Bécancour after the Christmas season (available in French only)
- Colo-D, a high-tech business specializing in neutral colocation, is investing $35M in the former Disque Am¿ric building in Drummondville. Twenty-five workers, predominantly computer technicians, are expected to be hired. (available in French only)
- The City of Victoriaville invested almost $2M to create its industrial ecopark. Companies interested in operating from the park will be required to commit to a sustainable development approach. (available in French only)
- Victoriaville-based Hamel informatique et réseautique is investing $750,000 to move by next summer. A few new jobs may be created. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: