Explore Careers - Job Market Report
General practitioners and family physicians diagnose and treat the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients. They provide primary contact and continuous care toward the management of patients' health. They usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, hospitals and clinics. Residents in training to be general practitioners and family physicians are included in this unit group.
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Perform and assist in routine surgery
- Provide emergency care
- Provide acute care management
- Inoculate and vaccinate patients
- Deliver babies and provide pre-natal and post-natal care
- Advise patients and their families on health care including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues
- Perform patient advocacy role
- Co-ordinate or manage primary patient care
- Provide continuous care to patients
- Supervise home care services
- Report births, deaths, and contagious and other diseases to governmental authorities.
Jobs for General Practitioners and Family Physicians in Centre-du-Québec Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Centre-du-Québec Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: