Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Urban and land use planners develop plans and recommend policies for managing land use, physical facilities and associated services for urban and rural areas and remote regions. They are employed by all levels of government, land developers, engineering and other consulting companies or may work as private consultants.
city planner, community and urban planner, environmental planner, land use planner, long-range planner, municipal planner, park planner, planner, planning analyst, recreation planner, regional planner, urban planner.
- Compile and analyze data on demographic, economic, legal, political, cultural, sociological, physical and other factors affecting land use
- Confer with municipal, provincial and federal authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, lawyers, land developers, the public and special interest groups to formulate and develop land use or community plans
- Prepare and recommend land development concepts and plans for zoning, subdivisions, transportation, public utilities, community facilities, parks, agricultural and other land uses
- Prepare plans for environmental protection, such as wildlife preserves, national and provincial parks, and protection of watersheds
- Present plans to civic, rural and regional authorities and hold public meetings to present plans, proposals or planning studies to the general public and special interest groups
- Review and evaluate proposals for land use and development plans and prepare recommendations
- Process application for land development permits and administer land use plans and zoning by-laws
- Formulate long-range objectives and policies relative to future land use and the protection of the environment
- Supervise and co-ordinate work of urban planning technicians and technologists.
Outlook & Prospects for Urban and Land Use Planners in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||<Not assigned>||2011-10-20|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Énergie Cardio relocates in Drummondville by investing $500,000 and creates 4 new jobs (available in French only)
- Tourtist attraction Le Jardin des Glaciers of Baie-Comeau will shut down. Four permanent positions will be lost and forty-some seasonal workers will not be called back this summer. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les Planchers bois franc Wickman is investing $5.5M to ensure its competitiveness in a very competitive market while securing 120 jobs. Four new positions will be created. (available in French only)
- Nova Bus of Saint-François-du-Lac signs a $148M contract with Chicago's city transit company for the delivery of 300 buses at the beginning of 2014 (available in French only)
- Vaillancourt Portes & Fenêtres of Saint-Germain-de-Grantham has invested $1.5M to expand, which will lead to the hiring of new employees (available in French only)
- Rotisserie restaurant St-Hubert in Victoriaville has invested $2.3M to expand and could thus create nearly a dozen jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- More than fifty-some positions need to be filled within Cascades' plants, a manufacturer of packaging products and papers mainly made up of recycled fibers (available in French only)
- Fifteen-some positions of various nature need to be filled at Machinage Piché in Daveluyville, a manufacturer of wood handling equipment (available in French only)
- Creative recreation goods retailer DeSerres invests $1.5M in its Drummondville store, which will open this fall (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Rotec International of Baie-du-Febvre, which specializes in the production of adjustable electric beds, is investing $639,000 to optimize its production processes. Some 70 jobs will be consolidated as a result. (available in French only)
- Claude Joyal, a company that sells and repairs farm equipment, has purchased the Elphège Boissonneault garage in Lyster. More than $800,000 has been invested there to set up a showroom and to store parts. (available in French only)
- Sixpro in Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil, the largest paint coating subcontractor in Quebec, is investing $2M to purchase state-of-the art equipment. Roughly a dozen new jobs should be created. (available in French only)
- Following a $950,000 investment, J.N. Donais, the largest funeral cooperative in the Centre-du-Québec region, has just opened its fully-renovated complex on Lindsay Street in Drummondville (available in French only)
- Soucy Plastiques in Drummondville, a subcontractor supplying contractors in the recreational, military, agricultural and transport sectors, is investing $600,000 in state-of-the art equipment (available in French only)
- Date Modified: