Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Urban and land use planners develop plans and recommend policies for managing land use, physical facilities and associated services for urban and rural areas and remote regions. They are employed by all levels of government, land developers, engineering and other consulting companies or may work as private consultants.
city planner, community and urban planner, environmental planner, land use planner, long-range planner, municipal planner, park planner, planner, planning analyst, recreation planner, regional planner, urban planner.
- Compile and analyze data on demographic, economic, legal, political, cultural, sociological, physical and other factors affecting land use
- Confer with municipal, provincial and federal authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, lawyers, land developers, the public and special interest groups to formulate and develop land use or community plans
- Prepare and recommend land development concepts and plans for zoning, subdivisions, transportation, public utilities, community facilities, parks, agricultural and other land uses
- Prepare plans for environmental protection, such as wildlife preserves, national and provincial parks, and protection of watersheds
- Present plans to civic, rural and regional authorities and hold public meetings to present plans, proposals or planning studies to the general public and special interest groups
- Review and evaluate proposals for land use and development plans and prepare recommendations
- Process application for land development permits and administer land use plans and zoning by-laws
- Formulate long-range objectives and policies relative to future land use and the protection of the environment
- Supervise and co-ordinate work of urban planning technicians and technologists.
Outlook & Prospects for Urban and Land Use Planners in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||<Not assigned>||2013-09-03|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Thanks to a $2M investment, Villa Domaine Saint-Grégoire retirement home will be expanded in Bécancour. Work should be completed in April 2014. (available in French only)
- Without specifying the amount, the new Nicolet Chrysler Fiat automobile dealership invested several thousands of dollars to expand (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $3.4M investment, a new fire station will see the light of day in Bécancour after the Christmas season (available in French only)
- Built for $1.8M, the fourth installation of the Fardoche day-care centre was just inaugurated in Drummondville. Fifteen employees were hired. (available in French only)
- Thanks to an investment of about $750,000, a new La petite école day-care centre branch is seeing the light of day in Saint-Rosaire. The project enables 10 jobs to be created. (available in French only)
- More than $45M will be invested to set up a new aluminum alloy rod manufacturing plant in Victoriaville. Approximately fifty workers will be hired for its scheduled 2015 opening. (available in French only)
- Colo-D, a high-tech business specializing in neutral colocation, is investing $35M in the former Disque Am¿ric building in Drummondville. Twenty-five workers, predominantly computer technicians, are expected to be hired. (available in French only)
- The Monseigneur Grenier primary school in Victoriaville was renovated and expanded with a $1.3M investment (available in French only)
- RER Hydro will be installing a new river-generated turbine plant in B¿cancour, creating 15 jobs in the short term (available in French only)
- Manufacturer Matelas Ren¿ in Nicolet has invested more than $900,000 into a project that targets mattress springs (available in French only)
- Milkomax, solutions laiti¿res in Sainte-Monique has invested a little more than $1M to acquire a new mobile robot for cow milking (available in French only)
- Rovibec Agrisolutions in Sainte-Monique, an equipment manufacturer intended for the feeding of cow herds, has invested $1.3M into the development of a greater prototype, an advanced technology worldwide (available in French only)
- Sawmill Amex Bois Franc of Plessisville invests nearly $2.8M to acquire new equipment and kilns, in addition to building two new warehouses (available in French only)
- BMG Environnement in Plessisville, a manufacturer of recyclable materials processing equipment, invests $900,000 to implement a new concept separator in many sorting centres in Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil (available in French only)
- Min¿raux rares Quest will implement a hydrometallurgy plant in B¿cancour. An investment of $1.3B will allow the company to hire 500 people during the plant's construction in 2016, in addition to creating 300 jobs during its opening in 2017. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: