Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Urban and land use planners develop plans and recommend policies for managing land use, physical facilities and associated services for urban and rural areas and remote regions. They are employed by all levels of government, land developers, engineering and other consulting companies or may work as private consultants.
city planner, community and urban planner, environmental planner, land use planner, long-range planner, municipal planner, park planner, planner, planning analyst, recreation planner, regional planner, urban planner.
- Compile and analyze data on demographic, economic, legal, political, cultural, sociological, physical and other factors affecting land use
- Confer with municipal, provincial and federal authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, lawyers, land developers, the public and special interest groups to formulate and develop land use or community plans
- Prepare and recommend land development concepts and plans for zoning, subdivisions, transportation, public utilities, community facilities, parks, agricultural and other land uses
- Prepare plans for environmental protection, such as wildlife preserves, national and provincial parks, and protection of watersheds
- Present plans to civic, rural and regional authorities and hold public meetings to present plans, proposals or planning studies to the general public and special interest groups
- Review and evaluate proposals for land use and development plans and prepare recommendations
- Process application for land development permits and administer land use plans and zoning by-laws
- Formulate long-range objectives and policies relative to future land use and the protection of the environment
- Supervise and co-ordinate work of urban planning technicians and technologists.
Wages for Urban and Land Use Planners in Centre-du-Québec Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: