Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Insurance adjusters investigate insurance claims and determine the amount of loss or damages covered by insurance policies. They are employed in claims departments of insurance companies or as independent adjusters. Insurance claims examiners examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters and authorize payments. They are employed at head offices or branches of insurance companies.
- Investigate circumstances surrounding insurance claims to determine validity of claim
- Inspect automobile, home or other property damage
- Take statements and consult with claimants, accident witnesses, doctors and other relevant individuals and examine records or reports
- Determine amount of loss or damages covered by insurance policies
- Negotiate settlement of claims
- Prepare adjustment reports.
- Review, examine, calculate and authorize insurance claims investigated by insurance adjusters
- Examine adjusters' reports and similar insurance claims or precedents to determine extent of insurance coverage
- Ensure claims are valid and settlements are made according to company practices and procedures
- Consult lawyers, doctors or other relevant individuals to discuss insurance claims
- Approve automobile, fire, life, disability, dental or other insurance claims.
Wages for Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners in Centre-du-Québec Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Centre-du-Québec Region||13.25||23.00||35.71||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: