Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes professional occupations in finance not elsewhere classified such as financial planners, financial examiners and inspectors, financial investigators, financial underwriters, mortgage brokers and trust officers. They are employed by banks, trust companies, investment firms and governments, or they may be self-employed.
credit unions examiner, estate and trust administrator, financial investigator, financial planner, financial underwriter, inspector, financial institutions, mortgage broker, trust officer.
- Financial planners develop personal financial plans for clients covering cash management, finances, insurance coverage, investments, retirement and estate planning, taxes and legal matters; analyze clients' financial records, set goals and develop a financial strategy; advise clients on implementing the financial plan to help them achieve their goals; may also arrange for the sale of financial products and investments depending on the licence held, and monitor the portfolio to ensure its quality and profitability; and help to expand business and attract new clients.
- Financial examiners and inspectors review and examine banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, credit companies, real estate companies, insurance companies, pension funds, securities brokers and other financial services and institutions to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Financial investigators investigate possible unethical conduct or breaches of securities or commodity futures laws by persons or companies that trade in securities and commodity futures or that provide related financial services.
- Financial underwriters underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds, negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses.
- Trust officers administer estate, personal, charitable, corporate and other types of trusts, direct trust account investments, receive and record investment income and disburse trust funds.
- Mortgage brokers meet with clients to obtain information about income, liabilities and assets, and type, price and condition of property to be mortgaged, and negotiate mortgage loans with lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Financial Officers in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||2013-01-16|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Saguenay company Cegerco has obtained an $111M in contracts for the construction of a Romaine-1 hydroelectric power plant on the Côte-Nord and for rebuilding the cafeteria of the LG-2 complex in James Bay. The company plans to hire 250 people. (available in French only)
- Toronto Dominion (TD) Bank has announced the opening of a commercial banking centre located in Saint-Léonard (available in French only)
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- British financial firm OSTC will open an office in Montréal and aims to hire sixty-some people in the next two years. The majority of available positions will be for brokers who negotiate Stock Exchange-derived products. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- Marmen is building a new plant in Trois-Rivières at a cost of $15M, which should lead to the creation of about fifty jobs (available in French only)
Week of Oct 29 – Nov 02, 2012
- Date Modified: