Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Financial and investment analysts collect and analyze financial information such as economic forecasts, trading volumes and the movement of capital, financial backgrounds of companies, historical performances and future trends of stocks, bonds and other investment instruments to provide financial and investment or financing advice for their company or their company's clients. Their studies and evaluations cover areas such as takeover bids, private placements, mergers or acquisitions. Financial analysts are employed by a wide range of establishments throughout the private and public sector, such as banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, trust companies, utility companies and underwriting firms. Investment analysts are employed primarily by brokerage houses and trust companies.
chartered financial analyst, financial analyst, investment analyst, money market analyst, portfolio manager, research associate, financial services.
- Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
- Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
- Analyze investment projects
- Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
- Follow up on financing projects with financial backers
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
- Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.
- Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
- Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
- Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.
Outlook & Prospects for Financial and Investment Analysts in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-10|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2013-01-09|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-02|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-27|
|Côte-Nord Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-30|
|Estrie Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-15|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-11-03|
|Lanaudière Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-13|
|Laurentides Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-10-26|
|Laval Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2013-04-22|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-14|
|Montérégie Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-10-24|
|Montréal Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
|Outaouais Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-09|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-23|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 14 - Oct 18, 2013
- The Laurentian Bank is restructuring: 90 employees within the mortgage loan development division will be affected. (available in French only)
- After establishing a call centre in Trois-Rivières, Caisse Desjardins should have over 350 employees at the beginning of 2015 (available in French only)
- A Bank of China branch is opening its doors in Montréal. The bank will start by offering financial services to businesses in the area and will eventually add personal services. (available in French only)
- Sentry Investissement, an independent asset management firm, announced that it is opening a new office in Montréal (available in French only)
- Scotiabank is investing $3.4M to open a new regional centre, scheduled to open in summer 2014, in Drummondville. Twenty jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: