Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers of establishments that provide services not elsewhere classified, such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning. This group also includes managers of schools that provide non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion.
barber shop manager, car wash manager, cooking school manager, driving school manager, dry cleaning service manager, hairdressing salon manager, manager, residential cleaning service, manager, septic tank service, manager, window washing service, pest control service manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment providing services such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning, or a school providing non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion
- Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff
- Plan and control budget and inventory
- Respond to inquiries or complaints and resolve problems
- Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Services Managers in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Thanks to a $2M investment, Villa Domaine Saint-Grégoire retirement home will be expanded in Bécancour. Work should be completed in April 2014. (available in French only)
- Without specifying the amount, the new Nicolet Chrysler Fiat automobile dealership invested several thousands of dollars to expand (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $3.4M investment, a new fire station will see the light of day in Bécancour after the Christmas season (available in French only)
- Built for $1.8M, the fourth installation of the Fardoche day-care centre was just inaugurated in Drummondville. Fifteen employees were hired. (available in French only)
- Thanks to an investment of about $750,000, a new La petite école day-care centre branch is seeing the light of day in Saint-Rosaire. The project enables 10 jobs to be created. (available in French only)
- More than $45M will be invested to set up a new aluminum alloy rod manufacturing plant in Victoriaville. Approximately fifty workers will be hired for its scheduled 2015 opening. (available in French only)
- Colo-D, a high-tech business specializing in neutral colocation, is investing $35M in the former Disque Am¿ric building in Drummondville. Twenty-five workers, predominantly computer technicians, are expected to be hired. (available in French only)
- The Monseigneur Grenier primary school in Victoriaville was renovated and expanded with a $1.3M investment (available in French only)
- RER Hydro will be installing a new river-generated turbine plant in B¿cancour, creating 15 jobs in the short term (available in French only)
- Manufacturer Matelas Ren¿ in Nicolet has invested more than $900,000 into a project that targets mattress springs (available in French only)
- Milkomax, solutions laiti¿res in Sainte-Monique has invested a little more than $1M to acquire a new mobile robot for cow milking (available in French only)
- Rovibec Agrisolutions in Sainte-Monique, an equipment manufacturer intended for the feeding of cow herds, has invested $1.3M into the development of a greater prototype, an advanced technology worldwide (available in French only)
- Sawmill Amex Bois Franc of Plessisville invests nearly $2.8M to acquire new equipment and kilns, in addition to building two new warehouses (available in French only)
- BMG Environnement in Plessisville, a manufacturer of recyclable materials processing equipment, invests $900,000 to implement a new concept separator in many sorting centres in Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil (available in French only)
- Min¿raux rares Quest will implement a hydrometallurgy plant in B¿cancour. An investment of $1.3B will allow the company to hire 500 people during the plant's construction in 2016, in addition to creating 300 jobs during its opening in 2017. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: