Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail basis. Retail trade managers are employed by retail sales establishments or they may own and operate their own store.
antique dealer, assistant manager – retail, bookstore manager, car dealership manager, clothing store manager, department store manager, pleasure boat dealer, service station manager, sporting goods store manager, store manager – retail, supermarket manager, travel agency manager, variety store manager.
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in retail sales or of departments in such establishments
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Plan budgets and authorize expenditures
- Resolve customer complaints
- Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Centre-du-Québec region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
The employment level is high and the unemployment rate is fairly high. In Centre-du-Québec, the retail sector accounts for most of the 1,800 jobs in this occupation.
Job creation will result from employee turnover and retirements. There is a large number of experienced workers, retail trade salespeople and supervisors available to fill job openings.
In Centre-du-Québec, as in Quebec as a whole, few workers under the age of 25 occupy retail trade manager positions. Women hold 43% of retail trade manager jobs and men hold 57%. Self-employed workers account for 29%.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Creative recreation goods retailer DeSerres invests $1.5M in its Drummondville store, which will open this fall (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The most important retailer of creative leisure goods in North America, Michaels, has set up shop in Drummondville, created 35 jobs and will add 15 more during the busy holiday season (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Winners is opening a store in Drummondville, creating 50 jobs (available in French only)
- With an investment of $12M, the Groupe Laquerre of Victoriaville has launched Laquerre Chrysler, Laquerre Occasion, a tire warehouse and, in the near future, Laquerre Ford. About 15 new employees have been added to the existing 100. (available in French only)
Week of Jan 28 – Feb 01, 2013
- Désilets, a family business in Drummondville, is investing $7M to build a new automated farm for 100,000 laying hens. The farm will begin operations in November 2013.
- Date Modified: