Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Tobacco processing machine operators operate machines to prepare and treat raw tobacco leaves or to produce and package tobacco products such as cigarettes and cigars. They are employed in leaf tobacco processing and tobacco products plants.
cigar maker, cigarette machine tender, cleaning and classifying operator – tobacco processing, conveyor tender – tobacco processing, dryer tender – tobacco processing, module tender – tobacco processing, tobacco blender, tobacco packaging machine tender.
- Operate machines that blend, flavour, condition, dry, flatten, strip or cut raw tobacco leaves
- Tend cigarette, cigar and other tobacco processing machines, and monitor product quality
- Clear blockages and adjust machines as required
- Clean machines and immediate work areas.
Outlook & Prospects for Tobacco Processing Machine Operators in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-31|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest $868M in the next five years for the development of infrastructures in Northern Québec (available in French only)
- EDF Énergies Nouvelles will build a wind farm close to Murdochville, leading to the creation of 150 jobs during its construction (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les entreprises agricoles de la Gaspésie is looking for labourers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Cap sur Mer will relaunch two of its plants' activities at Îles-de-la-Madeleine and will recall its 400 workers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Roughly a hundred people are without work following a two-month production shutdown at the Saint-Elzéar forestry cooperative (available in French only)
- Sixty or so additional engineers will be working on Ciment McInnis's project in Port-Daniel-Gascons by this summer (available in French only)
- Date Modified: