Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics install, maintain, repair and overhaul residential central air conditioning systems, commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and combined heating, ventilation and cooling systems. They are employed by refrigeration and air conditioning installation contractors, various industrial settings, food wholesalers, engineering firms and retail and servicing establishments. Transport refrigeration mechanics are included in this unit group.
central air conditioning mechanic, commercial air conditioning mechanic, heating and cooling mechanic, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) mechanic, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic apprentice, refrigeration mechanic, transport refrigeration mechanic.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings or other specifications
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators and compressors using hand and power tools
- Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Install, troubleshoot and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
- May install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies
- May prepare work estimates for clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||<Not assigned>||2010-03-16|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-16|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Camital in Warwick, which has been until now a distributor, will invest more than $750,000 to become a sheet metal manufacturer (available in French only)
- The Ville de Lac-Mégantic has invested more than $1.3M to relocate its municipal library (available in French only)
- Chip manufacturer Old Dutch announced the shutdown of its production plant in the Lachine borough. This shutdown will take place on September 27, 2013 and lead to the loss of 216 jobs. (available in French only)
- Gazon Savard in Saguenay has landed a contract of more than $14M to carry out the deforestation in Romaine-4 (available in French only)
- Aesthetic, massage therapy and spa centre Talo Spa opened on April 23rd in Rimouski, leading to the creation of 10 jobs (available in French only)
- Job Nord Québec helps job seekers and employers to meet their needs for the Nord-du-Québec region (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The sum of $221M will be invested on the Abitibi-Témiscamingue roads between 2013 and 2015, creating or maintaining 1,628 jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of close to $89M in road infrastructures of the Laval region throughout the next couple of years, which will be spread across 19 road building sites (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Elad Canada, a real estate developer, is proceeding with two high-rise residential buildings with over 2000 units. The final phases of the Nordelec site in Lachine and Cité Nature in Rosemont will be completed in 2014. (available in French only)
- Hélène de Champlain, a restaurant in Montréal, is continuing the expansion and renovation of the heritage building that began in 2010 at a cost of $16M (available in French only)
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- Date Modified: