Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of railway and yard locomotive engineers, railway yard workers and railway labourers. They are employed by railway transport companies.
railway transport operations supervisor, road foreman/woman, freight train, stationmaster, trainmaster, yard foreman/woman – railway, yardmaster – railway.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trains, drive locomotives in railway yards and perform other duties related to railway operations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare work reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Railway Transport Operations in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-14|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Coop Bonichoix in Saint-Sim¿on closed its doors on November 16 and 15-some employees have lost their jobs (available in French only)
- Twenty-some jobs will be lost in Caplan following the closure of the Atelka call centre in mid-December (available in French only)
- Les travaux de construction du nouveau Marché IGA de Rivière-au-Renard ont débuté le 30 octobre. Quinze nouveaux postes s'ajouteront aux 38 emplois actuels lors de son ouverture. (available in French only)
- Super C will be opening in Gaspé at the end of February, following an investment of close to $8 million. 60 jobs, half of which part-time, should be created (available in French only)
- A new portal dedicated to searching for information, especially job-related, about the Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine region was launched. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: