Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes personnel in occupations unique to the armed forces, such as artillery soldiers, infantry soldiers, air defence technicians and naval electronics technicians who provide collective defence measures to protect Canadian waters, land, airspace and other interests. They are employed by the Canadian armed forces.
air defence technician, armoured vehicle crewmember, artillery soldier, field engineer – military, infantry soldier, naval weapons technician, sonar operator, tank driver, weapons operator.
- Operate armoured vehicles, artillery, hand-held weapons and other military combat equipment and defence systems
- Engage in peacekeeping operations and enforce cease-fire agreements
- Provide aid in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents
- Engage in drills and other training in preparation for peacekeeping, combat and natural disaster relief duties
- Perform administrative and guard duties.
Personnel in this unit group are assigned to specific operations related to reconnaissance, peacekeeping, disaster relief and combat.
Outlook & Prospects for Occupations Unique to the Armed Forces in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-09|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest $868M in the next five years for the development of infrastructures in Northern Québec (available in French only)
- EDF Énergies Nouvelles will build a wind farm close to Murdochville, leading to the creation of 150 jobs during its construction (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les entreprises agricoles de la Gaspésie is looking for labourers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Cap sur Mer will relaunch two of its plants' activities at Îles-de-la-Madeleine and will recall its 400 workers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Roughly a hundred people are without work following a two-month production shutdown at the Saint-Elzéar forestry cooperative (available in French only)
- Sixty or so additional engineers will be working on Ciment McInnis's project in Port-Daniel-Gascons by this summer (available in French only)
- Date Modified: