Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
chief engineer – water transport, engineer officer – water transport, fourth engineer, marine engineer officer, marine engineer officer – military, second engineer, third engineer, tugboat engineer.
- Operate main engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment aboard ships, such as boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators and condensers
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repair to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-07|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- At the peak of the site, which will start in fall 2014, about 300 persons will be working on the construction of a wind farm in Pointe-à-la-Croix (available in French only)
- In New Richmond, Serres Jardins-Nature is rising from its ashes after the fire that occurred on September 17, and approximately 15 employees have returned to work (available in French only)
- Coop Bonichoix in Saint-Sim¿on closed its doors on November 16 and 15-some employees have lost their jobs (available in French only)
- Twenty-some jobs will be lost in Caplan following the closure of the Atelka call centre in mid-December (available in French only)
- Les travaux de construction du nouveau Marché IGA de Rivière-au-Renard ont débuté le 30 octobre. Quinze nouveaux postes s'ajouteront aux 38 emplois actuels lors de son ouverture. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: