Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
chief engineer – water transport, engineer officer – water transport, fourth engineer, marine engineer officer, marine engineer officer – military, second engineer, third engineer, tugboat engineer.
- Operate main engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment aboard ships, such as boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators and condensers
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repair to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-07|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 24 - Feb 28, 2014
- Béton Provincial, which landed the contract for the new Ciment McInnis cement plant, will start construction at Port-Daniel-Gascons in April, creating 10 new jobs in the Gaspé region. (available in French only)
- With an investment of close to $8M, the Super C grocery store in the Gaspé opened on February 27, creating 70 jobs. (available in French only)
- Career opportunities exist at the Cimenterie McInnis in Port-Daniel-Gascons: electronics technician, furnace operator, mechanic, electrician, machinery operator, maintenance technician, labourer, secretary and office employee (available in French only)
- The Ministère de la Famille has announced 174 additional $7 daycare spots in the Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine region. There will be 31 jobs created during the capital construction work, which will be completed within two years. (available in French only)
- McInnis Cement has announced the construction of a new cement factory in Port-Daniel-Gascons, an $800M investment that will create 2,135 jobs a year during construction and 400 direct and indirect jobs during the operational phase in 2016 (available in French only)
- After receiving additional volumes of wood, the Damabois plant in Cap-Chat will be able to hire 27 employees from April to June (available in French only)
- The Gaspé Peninsula is the region with the lowest number of dentists in Quebec, the most problematic area being Haute-Gaspésie, with only one dentist (available in French only)
- Date Modified: