Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Landscape architects conceptualize landscape designs, develop contract documents and oversee the construction of landscape development for commercial projects, office complexes, parks, golf courses and residential development. They are employed by government environmental and development agencies, landscape consulting firms and by architectural and engineering firms, or they are self-employed.
- Confer with clients to determine design needs
- Survey and assess designated sites and develop designs taking into consideration landscape features, buildings, climate, future usage and other aspects
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of detailed drawings for sites, including features such as trees, shrubs, gardens, lighting, walkways, patios, decks, benches, fences, retaining walls and fountains
- Prepare or oversee preparation of site plans, reports, sketches, models, photographs, maps, land use studies and design plans
- Estimate costs, prepare specifications and evaluate tenders for landscape construction projects
- Conduct environmental design studies, including environmental assessment, planning and the preservation and re-creation of historical sites
- Conduct community and neighbourhood physical planning studies, participate in multidisciplinary urban design studies and prepare design guidelines
- May manage and supervise landscape construction work.
Outlook & Prospects for Landscape Architects in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-03|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest $868M in the next five years for the development of infrastructures in Northern Québec (available in French only)
- EDF Énergies Nouvelles will build a wind farm close to Murdochville, leading to the creation of 150 jobs during its construction (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les entreprises agricoles de la Gaspésie is looking for labourers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Cap sur Mer will relaunch two of its plants' activities at Îles-de-la-Madeleine and will recall its 400 workers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Roughly a hundred people are without work following a two-month production shutdown at the Saint-Elzéar forestry cooperative (available in French only)
- Sixty or so additional engineers will be working on Ciment McInnis's project in Port-Daniel-Gascons by this summer (available in French only)
- Date Modified: