Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Landscape architects conceptualize landscape designs, develop contract documents and oversee the construction of landscape development for commercial projects, office complexes, parks, golf courses and residential development. They are employed by government environmental and development agencies, landscape consulting firms and by architectural and engineering firms, or they are self-employed.
- Confer with clients to determine design needs
- Survey and assess designated sites and develop designs taking into consideration landscape features, buildings, climate, future usage and other aspects
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of detailed drawings for sites, including features such as trees, shrubs, gardens, lighting, walkways, patios, decks, benches, fences, retaining walls and fountains
- Prepare or oversee preparation of site plans, reports, sketches, models, photographs, maps, land use studies and design plans
- Estimate costs, prepare specifications and evaluate tenders for landscape construction projects
- Conduct environmental design studies, including environmental assessment, planning and the preservation and re-creation of historical sites
- Conduct community and neighbourhood physical planning studies, participate in multidisciplinary urban design studies and prepare design guidelines
- May manage and supervise landscape construction work.
Outlook & Prospects for Landscape Architects in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-03|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- At the peak of the site, which will start in fall 2014, about 300 persons will be working on the construction of a wind farm in Pointe-à-la-Croix (available in French only)
- In New Richmond, Serres Jardins-Nature is rising from its ashes after the fire that occurred on September 17, and approximately 15 employees have returned to work (available in French only)
- Coop Bonichoix in Saint-Sim¿on closed its doors on November 16 and 15-some employees have lost their jobs (available in French only)
- Twenty-some jobs will be lost in Caplan following the closure of the Atelka call centre in mid-December (available in French only)
- Les travaux de construction du nouveau Marché IGA de Rivière-au-Renard ont débuté le 30 octobre. Quinze nouveaux postes s'ajouteront aux 38 emplois actuels lors de son ouverture. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: