Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Storekeepers and parts clerks sort, store and issue parts and supplies for use by the establishment in which they work and for sale to the public. They are employed by manufacturing companies, warehouses, retail and wholesale establishments, mining, forestry and construction companies, repair shops, hospitals and other establishments, and the armed forces.
ammunition storekeeper, automotive partsperson – retail, material keeper, medical supply clerk, motor vehicle parts clerk, parts clerk, parts supplier, partsperson, ship storeman/woman, storekeeper, tool room attendant.
- Receive and sort incoming parts and supplies
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in a warehouse, tool room, supply room or other area
- Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute parts and supplies for internal usage
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual or computerized inventory system
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Sell spare and replacement parts for motor vehicles, machinery and equipment in a retail setting
- Advise retail customers or internal users on appropriateness of parts, supplies or materials requested.
Parts clerks may specialize in a particular line of parts such as automotive parts, recreational vehicle parts, marine parts, heavy equipment parts, agricultural machinery parts, heating, ventilating and air conditioning parts or refrigeration parts.
Outlook & Prospects for Storekeepers and Parts Clerks in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-11-23|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest $868M in the next five years for the development of infrastructures in Northern Québec (available in French only)
- EDF Énergies Nouvelles will build a wind farm close to Murdochville, leading to the creation of 150 jobs during its construction (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les entreprises agricoles de la Gaspésie is looking for labourers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Cap sur Mer will relaunch two of its plants' activities at Îles-de-la-Madeleine and will recall its 400 workers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Roughly a hundred people are without work following a two-month production shutdown at the Saint-Elzéar forestry cooperative (available in French only)
- Sixty or so additional engineers will be working on Ciment McInnis's project in Port-Daniel-Gascons by this summer (available in French only)
- Date Modified: