Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Letter carriers sort and deliver mail, record delivery of registered mail and collect money for cash-on-delivery parcels. Letter carriers are employed by Canada Post Corporation.
- Organize mail by address and load into mailbag
- Deliver letters, small parcels and other printed matter along established routes
- Deliver telegrams, special delivery and express mail
- Collect payment for cash-on-delivery service
- Record delivery of registered mail
- Leave notices that items could not be delivered and the location where they can be picked up
- Return undeliverable mail to postal station.
Outlook & Prospects for Letter Carriers in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||2012-10-09|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Hydro Culture invests $2M in Beloeil and creates 15 new jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Transporter Air Transat, based out of Montréal, will announce the abolishment of nearly a dozen positions due to the company's structural reorganization (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- A new company, Remorquage J2, will start operations in the fall in Bécancour and will create three additional jobs (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- As of April 1, Pascan Aviation will offer daily flights to and from the Mirabel airport and will create 15 jobs (available in French only)
- By 2016, the Réseau de transport de Longueuil will invest $79.5M for the purchase of 100 hybrid buses (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, Premier Aviation has laid off 14 people last March 11 (available in French only)
- Date Modified: