Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies.
director, education curriculum development, director, education policy analysis and research, director, school inspection, education director, manager, education program administration.
- Participate in the development of education policy by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise policy researchers or program officers conducting research, preparing documents or administering programs for elementary and secondary school systems
- Plan, administer and control budgets for projects, programs, support services and equipment
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate education projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Education Policy Development and Program Administration in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-11-26|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Coop Bonichoix in Saint-Sim¿on closed its doors on November 16 and 15-some employees have lost their jobs (available in French only)
- Twenty-some jobs will be lost in Caplan following the closure of the Atelka call centre in mid-December (available in French only)
- Les travaux de construction du nouveau Marché IGA de Rivière-au-Renard ont débuté le 30 octobre. Quinze nouveaux postes s'ajouteront aux 38 emplois actuels lors de son ouverture. (available in French only)
- Super C will be opening in Gaspé at the end of February, following an investment of close to $8 million. 60 jobs, half of which part-time, should be created (available in French only)
- A new portal dedicated to searching for information, especially job-related, about the Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine region was launched. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: