Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group assist machine operators, transport materials and perform similar tasks. They are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies.
belt builder helper, labourer – plastic products manufacturing, labourer – rubber products manufacturing, machine offbearer – rubber products manufacturing, mould cleaner – rubber products manufacturing, moulded products stripper – rubber and plastic products manufacturing, roll changer – rubber manufacturing, spreader operator helper – plastic products manufacturing.
- Assist machine operators or assemblers in performing their duties
- Assist in setting up and dismantling machinery and equipment
- Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Transport materials and tools to and from work areas using hand trucks or other conveyance
- Prepare raw materials for mixing process
- Monitor machines to watch for jammed materials or defective products.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Outaouais Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-15|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Daycare service La Casa Tropical/Maison des Enfants was built in Saint-Denis-de-Brompton thanks to an $800,000 investment. Eight employees have been hired.
- Espace Vie King Est, a new $2M building project, will launch in October in Sherbrooke at the corner of King Est and Curtis. The building will include retail space, offices and residential units. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Resolute Forest Products papermill in Gatineau resumes production; 125 workers return to work. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A $469,000 training project aims to develop skills among owners of outfitting businesses in the Outaouais. $8.3M in economic spin-offs are anticipated along with a potential dozen or so new jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The golf course of Sainte-Marie in the Outaouais region has stopped its activities. Nearly a dozen seasonal employees are now without a job for the new season. (available in French only)
- A new elementary school is being built in Cantley, which represents an investment estimated at $10.8M. The establishment should be welcoming 425 students by September 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: