Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who make foundry moulds and cores by hand or machine, cast molten metal, and operate furnaces in the foundry industry. They are employed by metal foundries and foundry departments of metal products manufacturing companies.
bench moulder, casting machine operator, ceramic mouldmaker, die-casting machine operator, foundry worker, furnace operator – foundry, machine coremaker, manual moulder, melter – foundry, metal caster, pit moulder, sand coremaker, sand moulder.
- Manual mouldmakers make and repair sand moulds using patterns, moulding boxes, sand and hand tools following bench, floor or pit moulding methods; operate ovens to dry moulds; may pour molten metal into moulds to produce metal castings.
- Manual coremakers make cores for use inside moulds to form holes or void spaces in castings using core boxes, sand, hammer and wire or other reinforcing material; coat cores with protective materials and bake cores in oven.
- Machine mouldmakers and coremakers set up, adjust and operate various mouldmaking and coremaking machines to make sand and ceramics moulds and cores.
- Metal casters set up and operate various casting machines to cast ferrous and non-ferrous metal products; hand ladle and pour molten metal into moulds to produce castings.
- Foundry furnace operators operate furnaces used to melt metals for moulding and casting.
Wages for Foundry Workers in Outaouais Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: