Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Papermaking and coating control operators operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of paper, paper pulp and paperboard. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
back tender, paper machine, control operator, paper machine, fourdrinier machine operator, panelboard operator – pulp and paper, paper machine operator, paper-coating machine operator.
- Operate, co-ordinate and monitor the operation of papermaking and papercoating process equipment from central control room or from machine consoles and control panels in equipment cabins to make paper from pulp stock, mix chemicals and dyes, and coat paper products
- Control process operations and machinery using a distributed control system and process computers
- Observe panel indicators, gauges, video monitors and other instruments to detect equipment malfunctions and ensure papermaking and coating processes are operating according to process specifications
- Analyze instrument readings and production test samples and make adjustments or direct other papermaking and finishing machine operators to make adjustments to papermaking and coating process and equipment as required
- Complete and maintain production reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Papermaking and Coating Control Operators in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Outaouais region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Resolute Forest Products papermill in Gatineau resumes production; 125 workers return to work. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A $469,000 training project aims to develop skills among owners of outfitting businesses in the Outaouais. $8.3M in economic spin-offs are anticipated along with a potential dozen or so new jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The golf course of Sainte-Marie in the Outaouais region has stopped its activities. Nearly a dozen seasonal employees are now without a job for the new season. (available in French only)
- A new elementary school is being built in Cantley, which represents an investment estimated at $10.8M. The establishment should be welcoming 425 students by September 2014. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- More than 100 jobs available in the RCM of Papineau (available in French only)
- The bridge that links Gracefield to Northfield in the Outaouais region will be rebuilt for a sum estimated between $25M and $30M (available in French only)
- Date Modified: