Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Pulping control operators operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of wood, scrap pulp, recyclable paper and other cellulose materials in the production of pulp. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
bleach plant operator, cook – pulp and paper, digester operator, pulping control operator, pulping group operator – pulp and paper, pulping technician, thermomechanical pulp operator.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of screening equipment, washing equipment, digesters, mixing tanks and other pulp processing equipment from automated panel boards in central control room to control the processing of wood, scrap pulp, recyclable paper and other cellulose materials
- Observe panel indicators, gauges, video monitors and other instruments from central control room to detect equipment malfunctions and ensure pulp processes are operating within prescribed production limits
- Analyze instrument readings and production test samples and make adjustments, or direct pulp machine operators to make adjustments to pulp production process and equipment as required
- Complete and maintain production reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Pulping Control Operators in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Outaouais Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-15|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Daycare service La Casa Tropical/Maison des Enfants was built in Saint-Denis-de-Brompton thanks to an $800,000 investment. Eight employees have been hired.
- Espace Vie King Est, a new $2M building project, will launch in October in Sherbrooke at the corner of King Est and Curtis. The building will include retail space, offices and residential units. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Resolute Forest Products papermill in Gatineau resumes production; 125 workers return to work. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A $469,000 training project aims to develop skills among owners of outfitting businesses in the Outaouais. $8.3M in economic spin-offs are anticipated along with a potential dozen or so new jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The golf course of Sainte-Marie in the Outaouais region has stopped its activities. Nearly a dozen seasonal employees are now without a job for the new season. (available in French only)
- A new elementary school is being built in Cantley, which represents an investment estimated at $10.8M. The establishment should be welcoming 425 students by September 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: