Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Delivery and courier drivers drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products. They are employed by dairies, drug stores, newspaper distributors, take-out food establishments, dry cleaners, mobile caterers, courier and messenger service companies and many other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
bread deliverer, canteen driver, courier service driver, delivery driver, driver salesperson, dry cleaning driver, mail service courier, newspaper delivery driver, pizza delivery driver, route driver, vending machine driver-supplier.
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products, such as fast food, newspapers, magazines, bakery and dairy products, and items such as dry cleaning, envelopes, packages and parcels
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Sell products over established routes and accept or make payments for goods
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered
- May communicate with central dispatch using cellular telephone or citizens' band (CB) radio.
Outlook & Prospects for Delivery and Courier Service Drivers in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Outaouais region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A $469,000 training project aims to develop skills among owners of outfitting businesses in the Outaouais. $8.3M in economic spin-offs are anticipated along with a potential dozen or so new jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Sep 24 – Sep 28, 2012
- The Coq d'Or restaurant in Plaisance closed at the end of September. Approximately 15 jobs will be lost. (available in French only)
Week of Jun 11 – Jun 15, 2012
- The Société de Transport de l'Outaouais has purchased 21 hybrid buses (available in French only)
Week of May 14 – May 18, 2012
- The Société de Transport de l'Outaouais undergoes a technological shift (available in French only)
- Date Modified: